Examine an example layer farming project report for 10,000 birds – close up with all the detail to take home with you.
The purpose of producing this study is to encourage you in assessing and calculating the investment feasibility of your planned layer project.
I want you to use this exercise to understand layer farm investment plans just like professional investors.
This will help you make more informed decisions and successful ventures.
Some basic background to this layer farming report 10,000 bird
This layer project report is based on a farm hosting 10,000 layer birds.
And I wrote this as a teaching tool only.
It should not be used as a real project report for starting your own venture, nor for obtaining finance.
Whilst the calculations are accurate, the input figures are VERY loosely estimated.
In some cases, I even had to throw in a ball park guess – which will not be accurate enough for you to confidently base an investment on.
Also, I supply no market analysis to validate the venture against SWOT or PESTLE.
Here are some BEST USE cases for getting optimal value out of this layer farming project report for 10,000 birds:
- you’re new to reporting and you want to learn the structure and format of professionally written reports
- you’re writing your own report and you want some example figures
- you’re unsure about your projections and want to benchmark
- you’re a professional poultry farming consultant and need a template
Its purely to be used as a theoretical guide.
You may be thinking how did I produce this report?
Quite effortless actually – I used a custom software program to do it all.
Plus, it produces a PDF version of the report too.
For more information – visit poultryprojectreporter.com
Economic factors related to this layer farming project report
This 10,000 bird layer farming project report is based in India.
The currency is therefore in Indian Rupees (Rs.)
The farming project is a deep litter layer farm, not caged. Why?
My market research didn’t satisfy accurate enough cage costs to produce a caged system report.
The farm is not automatic at all – it is manually managed by hired farmhands. Hence, this affects the start-up capital and labour cost outlay.
The rearing system used is 1+1+5 layer farming houses.
In other words,
- 1 brooder house for chicks
- 1 grower house for pullets
- 5 layer houses for laying hens
So, according to this model you house 14,000 birds in total within 7 poultry houses – but only 10,000 of those birds are old enough to lay eggs.
Thus it is a 10,000 bird layer farm project report.
The farming project will produce:
Commercial layer feed will be used and suitable quality for varying age of bird.
All costings and price estimates were gathered via Google search using:
- Other online project reports
- Newspaper articles
Is a 10,000 bird layer farm project really feasible?
Video examples like this one show demonstrate that running a 10,000 bird layer farming in India can be profitable.
So, whilst this is just a theoretical feasibility study – there is a very practical reality for you beyond.
Some India layer farming statistics
The poultry sector is valued somewhere around Rs. 80,000 crore (2015-16). (Source)
About 80% of the value of the domestic product is organised commercial production and the remaining 20% is backyard poultry. (Source)
Backyard poultry actually plays a large role in family household income. It is estimated that there are some 30 million backyard poultry farmers in India. (Source)
In total it is estimated that there are 214 million layer birds in India:
Also, the demand for egg consumption has consistently been rising, as has the production rate:
This layer farming project plan also assumes that you already own 70,000 sq. ft. of land for accommodating your 10,000 layer flock.
This means you avoid the cost of buying land or using a mortgage.